What is colocation?
A colocation center facility is a space that is typically leased by a corporation to store or install servers and other hardware. Colocation data centers normally provide electricity, construction, cooling, bandwidth, and physical protection, while the customer supplies storage and servers.
Colocation Managed Services:
Colocation managed services include system administration, physical hardware assistance, proactive response monitoring, server backups, and network equipment management to standard data center colocation services. You benefit from these managed services by maximizing the value of your existing hardware investments and remaining on a CAPEX model while receiving full support from 24/7/365 expert IT teams in world-class data centers.
The types of managed services offered by UnitedLayer are explained below:
1. Remote Hands: Remote hands is a service that allows colocation data center employees to execute several on-site services for their customers. The data center managed services offered as part of a remote hands vary by provider. Still, data center employees can generally perform IT tasks, including installing new equipment, replacing a failing drive, inspecting equipment status, and even power cycling a server.
Managed Services like remote hands offered by UnitedLayer will give you access to a team of highly trained, in-house, certified technicians available 24x7x365 and can monitor servers remotely through a single pane of glass known as UnityOneCloud.
Explore UnitedLayer’s Remote Hands service here.
2. Smart Hands: Smart Hands managed services include more complex tasks that require someone to be physically present in the colocation site to complete. A few examples are setting up a firewall, managing data center equipment, media and supply management, complex cable configurations, equipment testing, and general troubleshooting.
Smart Hands managed services provided by UnitedLayer allow its customers exclusive onsite technical assistance and troubleshooting services along with hardware installation and decommissioning services, fiber circuit installation to reduce signal errors, device management for remote device configuration, etc.
3. Infrastructure Management: DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management) software allows data center operators to execute more efficient operations and better data center infrastructure planning and design. DCIM software can connect information across organizational domains such as Data Center Ops, Facilities, and IT to maximize data center usage.
UnitedLayer’s infrastructure management services help organizations maximize the benefits of a multicloud environment without compromising on availability, performance, and security. Our managed services cover on-premises data centers, UnitedLayer private cloud, and leading public clouds such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Read more: Top Trends That Will Impact Infrastructure Management in 2021.
4. Network Management: Network management is a process of administering, managing, and operating a data network using a network management system. Modern network management systems collect and analyze data regularly and push out configuration changes to improve performance, reliability, and security.
UnitedLayer provides setup and management of network devices like switches and firewall load balancers, including the configuration of these devices to adapt to workloads, security patching, monitoring, alerting, and 24x7x365 support across the globe for every customer.
5. Container Management: A container is a lightweight package that bundles a single application and dependencies, making it easier to develop, deploy, and manage applications in complex IT systems.
Container management is a process of automating container creation, deployment, and scaling. Container management allows for the large-scale addition, replacement, and organization of containers.
UnitedLayer offers configuring, managing, and deployment of containers to enable the deployment of cloud-native applications seamlessly. It includes the setup, installation, and patching of Kubernetes (K8s) pods and containers, monitoring, and performance optimization.
6. IT Estate Assessment: IT Estate management is often known as IT inventory management. It typically involves gathering detailed hardware and software inventory information, which is then utilized to make purchasing and asset use decisions.
Managed Services like IT estate management offered by UnitedLayer will provide you with end-to-end data center assessment of hardware’s end of life (EOL), end of support (EOS), servers, routers, console managers, etc. We also provide IT assets assessments to efficiently migrate to the new data center or a new cloud. This ensures that mission-critical systems can continue to run optimally.
Explore UnitedLayer’s IT Estate Assessment services by clicking here.
7. Database Management: A vast amount of data is generated every second through a wide network of data sources — images, graphs, hypertext, documents, and so on. When legacy systems cannot handle the enormity of data management, databases such as Mysql, which are more agile and up-to-date, come into play. They can handle complex data management needs and provide a variety of database options for different needs and data types.
Database management also refers to the management of Oracle database, SQL database, Mysql database, PostgreSQL database, etc.
Managed Services like database management offered by UnitedLayer enables businesses to reduce data redundancy and improve data integrity and security. Our database experts have the expertise, precision, and updated know-how in database designing, management, and monitoring.
8. Disaster Recovery Solutions: Data Center Disaster Recovery is the process of resuming business operations after an unanticipated event that damages or destroys data, software, or hardware systems.
Most professional businesses use data backup and restore services to secure business-critical data as an integral part of their data center disaster recovery plan. Large professional companies frequently devote a significant percentage of their money to data center disaster recovery plans to avoid potentially crippling revenue losses caused by the inability to conduct operations in the aftermath of a disaster.
UnitedLayer’s disaster recovery managed services solution enables enterprises to be resilient and respond to these critical situations faster and allows them to operate their business without any interruptions.
Learn more about our Disaster recovery solutions here.
9. Cloud Migration: Cloud migration is when a company moves some or all of its data center capabilities to the cloud, usually to run on a cloud service provider’s cloud-based infrastructure.
UnitedLayer’s cloud migration managed services can seamlessly migrate your applications, data, and infrastructure to the cloud. Our experts can help you build your migration strategy, assess your application portfolio, review your cost structure, and identify the best-fit cloud platform for your needs.
10. Cloud Connectivity: Cloud networking is a type of IT infrastructure in which a company’s network capabilities and resources are hosted in a public or private cloud platform, managed in-house or by a service provider, and made available on demand.
Companies can establish a private cloud network using on-premises cloud networking resources, or use public cloud networking services, or a hybrid cloud combination of both.
UnitedConnect® is an advanced interconnection solution to connect your on-premises environment with a private cloud or public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP) of your choice. Our cloud connectivity solution helps you to reduce your network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections.
Learn more about UnitedConnect® by clicking here.
11. Data Privacy Management: Data Privacy Management allows enterprises to analyze and continually measure data privacy compliance with multifactor risk scoring, data access, and movement monitoring. Automate risk remediation and cost-effectively report on data subject requests with transparency by automating data protection.
Managed services like data privacy management offered by UnitedLayer will help you comply with data sovereignty and data protection laws applicable to your business in any market globally, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Explore UnitedLayer’s Data privacy management here.
12. Security & Compliance: Security as a service (SECaaS) is an outsourced service in which your security is handled and managed by a third party.
Security as a service solutions have grown increasingly popular for corporate infrastructures to ease the in-house security team’s responsibilities, scale security needs as the organization grows, and avoid the costs and maintenance of on-premise alternatives.
Managed services like Security as a Service offered by UnitedLayer will enable you to proactively identify, respond to, and mitigate any security threats against your IT infrastructure. Our comprehensive security management services cater to your on-prem or colocation data centers, managed private cloud, and leading public clouds such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Why choose UnitedLayer?
When properly executed, managed services may be highly beneficial to a company, giving them peace of mind that their servers follow the proper procedures to reduce the risk of downtime or data loss to as low as possible. Managed colocation allows you to choose which services and procedures you want to outsource and which you want to keep in-house.
Good or bad, we would love to hear your thoughts; find us on Twitter here!